Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
Subject Topic: Security and Compression Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
davidpeek
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: December 18 2009 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote davidpeek

1) Do you or will you support Signaling Compression?

2) Do you or will you support TLS and TCP in addition to UDP in your signaling and media transport?

Thanks!
Back to Top View davidpeek's Profile Search for other posts by davidpeek

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: December 21 2009 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hello David,

Thank you for your post. Please excuse the delay in my response...

We have interest in supporting SIP signaling compression but have not made firm commitments regarding what we eventually will incorporate into the media engine. I would welcome your thoughts and insight… if nothing else, please comment on how we may improve the media engine product.

Regarding TCP connectivity, not sure if we will support this… unless there is a major reason, application or customer request that dictates otherwise. All of our VOIP deployments using the media engine have been SIP/RTP over UDP. I am sure you are aware of the issues with sending SIP and especially RTP over TCP so I would be interested in why it would be wise for LS to spend the R+D supporting TCP and/or security using TSL or SSL. The security issue I get, using TCP for the SIP or RTP transport is what I am not sure about.

Your thoughts and comments are welcome…

Thank you,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

davidpeek
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: December 21 2009 at 7:53pm | IP Logged Quote davidpeek

Hi Randal,
Thanks for your reply. SigComp is not 100% necessary for my product but knowing you're thinking about it is good news.

TLS runs over TCP and security is a major requirement for the project I'm working on. TLS is necessary on the RTP media channel to ensure protection of the voice content. By using TLS we will ensure compatability accross networks that are already doing this today.

(I can provide more detail about why we need this and some other features in a private thread.)
Back to Top View davidpeek's Profile Search for other posts by davidpeek

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: December 22 2009 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote support

Hello David,

Ahhh… I understand what you are saying regarding your RTP streams...

I did receive your follow-up email. You did the correct thing by sending the sensitive info via email. Some information should not be posted to this support forum.

I will reply to your email shortly… A good email to use in the future for private support questions is:

“supportgroup” ‘at’ “lanscapecorp” ‘dot’ com

Thank you,

Randal
Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version