Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
Subject Topic: Voice encryption Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hermes
Junior
Junior

Posted: November 14 2006 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote hermes

Hello,

we are interested in acquiring your VOIP Media Engine. We need to encrypt the voice streamming.

If it isn´t possible, we have to access to the voice stream buffer in two points:
1.- After the voice codec.
2.- Before the voice decoder.

it is possible?

Thanks
Back to Top View hermes's Profile Search for other posts by hermes

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: November 14 2006 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi hermes,

The media engine allows access to all transmitted and received RTP media. At the present time however, an application is not allowed to modify the media streams. If you decide to purchase, we can add this capability. Let us know what you might need and we can discuss further. If you can help us defray the development costs, we are glad to add whatever is needed.

Support
Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: November 21 2006 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote support

--------------------------------------------
Note:

Hermes sent this next post to us via email. We wanted to post it in this thread so other users may benefit from the information:

Support
--------------------------------------------

Hello,

A week ago I wrote this post:

http://www.lanscapecorp.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=202&PN =1

and I think you haven't understood me very well. This is an example graph:

We want to encrypt audio stream between "Phone 1" and "Phone 2". I've read in VOIP Media Engine SDK document that I can get audio stream buffer in (1) and (2) but I need to modify this buffer in (A) and (B), it isn't possible, is it?. Exactly, we need a callback function to modify stream buffer in (A) and (B).

We're going to purchase these licenses:

1)
VOIP Media Proxy Server Enterprise --> 1 license.

2)
VOIP Centrex Proxy Enterprise --> 1 license.

3)
VOIP Media Engine (1 line) --> We´re going to use this engine in an ActiveX component in a webpage (How many licenses do we need?).

4)
VOIP IP Media Engine (1 line) --> 1 license.

5)
VOIP Media Engine (64 lines) --> 1 license.

6)
VOIP Media Engine (8 lines) --> 1 license.

We've these questions:

1)
In the post above you comment that you can add this capability. We need add this capability in licenses: 3, 4 and 6. We've to know how much was it.

2)
I've read in your webpage that if we purchase a VOIP Media Engine with 64 phone lines (for example) you quadruple this number of lines, isn't it?

3)
How many instances Media Engine can we run in a host machine?

Thanks for all.
Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: November 21 2006 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi hermes,

Thanks for posting your current questions and explaining concisely what you need to achieve. Good job.

<<< You
We want to encrypt audio stream between "Phone 1" and "Phone 2". I've read in VOIP Media Engine SDK document that I can get audio stream buffer in (1) and (2) but I need to modify this buffer in (A) and (B), it isn't possible, is it?. Exactly, we need a callback function to modify stream buffer in (A) and (B).

Support >>>
Modifying the RTP media buffers at points A and B:

This is not possible with the current release of the VOIP Media Engine. As we mentioned however, this capability can be added by us. We can see the value of this functionality and would like to work with you to add it to the product.

We need a callback function to modify stream buffer in (A) and (B).

This is exactly the approach we would implement. Application software would be notified using the existing callback mechanism using an “immediate event” notification. The application software would then have access to raw “ready to be transmitted” and received RTP UDP payloads including RTP headers. The application would then be able to modify whatever is required (i.e. RTP sample block encoding/decoding).

<<< You
VOIP Media Engine (1 line) --> We´re going to use this engine in an ActiveX component in a webpage (How many licenses do we need?).

Support >>>
You need a single license to include the VOIP Media Engine in a web deployed ActiveX COM object. You can then deploy your ActiveX component via the web with no restrictions.

Other question you asked:

Question 1:
In the post above you comment that you can add this capability. We need add this capability in licenses: 3, 4 and 6. We've to know how much was it.

Answer:
We need to put you in contact with one of our engineers who is able to give you this information. Someone from our engineering team will email you to discuss.

Question 2:
I've read in your webpage that if we purchase a VOIP Media Engine with 64 phone lines (for example) you quadruple this number of lines, isn't it?

Answer:
Yes. We offer standard version products from 1 to 64 lines. If you purchase, we will 4x the total number of lines. For example : If you purchase a 64 line version, we will increase the line count to 256 lines free during this promotion.

Question 3:

Answer:
Each license allows a single instance.

Thanks again for your good questions.

Support

bitacora
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: November 21 2006 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote bitacora

Thank you for answering to all my questions.

With regard to the question 3:
I asked it because we´re going to deploy a conference server application with 8 phone lines, and we want to run this application four times in the same host machine, how many licenses do we need (1 or 4)?

In case we encrypt the voice, will we have any problem with the VOIP Media Proxy? I suppose that Media Proxy only redirect the stream voice and it doesn´t process it, is it?

Thanks for all.
Back to Top View bitacora's Profile Search for other posts by bitacora

bitacora
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: November 21 2006 at 4:39pm | IP Logged Quote bitacora

I forgot to say that I work with Hermes in the same company, and he has said me that I wrote this post because he couldn´t do it now.
Thanks
Back to Top View bitacora's Profile Search for other posts by bitacora

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: November 22 2006 at 8:30am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi bitacora,

Running multiple instances of the media engine on the same machine:
Each running instance of the Media Engine requires a license. If you want to run 4 instances of your 8 line conference server application on the same host machine, it will require 4 media engine licenses.

I think this is how we would handle this situation: You would purchase four 2 line versions of the VOIP Media Engine. Because we are currently offering to 4x the number of lines, this is the same as purchasing four 8 line media engines. We would then issue you a single 8 line media engine license that will allow you to instantiate the media engine up to 4 times per host machine.

Because your group appears to be planning many VOIP development projects, we can be quite flexible on how we issue licenses to you.

Media Proxy and encrypted RTP media streams:
You are absolutely correct in your assumption. The VOIP Media Proxy does not care if the RTP payloads are encrypted.

Repost as needed,

Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version