Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
Subject Topic: Sip Proxy Application Demo Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
zhuyin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: February 28 2008 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote zhuyin

Dear Support,

Do you provide the code of Sip Proxy kind of demo using LanScape VOIP Media Engine?

Eg. User uses Linksys VoIP Phone to call a PAP 2 via Sip Proxy, I want to use LanScape Media Engine to build this SIP proxy application.

I cannot find such kind of sample code from the demo you provided with the SDK. Are you able to provide the demo code of such a proxy application?
Back to Top View zhuyin's Profile Search for other posts by zhuyin

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: February 28 2008 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Zhu,

Thanks for posting.

You >>>
Do you provide the code of Sip Proxy kind of demo using LanScape VOIP Media Engine?

Support
Sorry Zhu, we don’t have an example like that coded up and waiting.

You >>>
Are you able to provide the demo code of such a proxy application?

Support
We could provide any demo or example software you ask for – I suppose within reason :)

If you want us to code up some kind of example like this, we could do it under a short term support agreement. Please let us know if this may interest your group.

We think we understand what you want from your proxy. However, more information would be needed from you. If we developed a simple “VOIP Media Engine” proxy application, remember that the media engine in this scenario would be able to handle incoming call legs and then tie them to an outgoing call leg – not a problem. The issue to remember: Unlike a strict SIP proxy, the media engine based proxy would remain in the call’s media path.

Have you looked at the LanScape SIP and media proxy products? Would they suit the needs? Here are the links to the product pages:

SIP Proxy:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ProductPages/CentrexProxy.asp

Media Proxy:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ProductPages/VoipMediaProxy.asp

Support

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

zhuyin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: February 28 2008 at 9:50pm | IP Logged Quote zhuyin

If we developed a simple “VOIP Media Engine” proxy application, remember that the media engine in this scenario would be able to handle incoming call legs and then tie them to an outgoing call leg.

Yin: Yes, this is exactly what we want. I have another two questions.

1. If in this scenario, each call from Party A to Party B via Media Engine Application will use two sessions. Am I right? So, if my application need to support 15 Call outs, we need to buy at least 30 session media engine license, is it?

2. The PC which runs the media engine may not be very powerful. (P4 2GHz / 512Ram / 100M Lan) I hope such kind of hard ware can support at least 15 concurrent calls. Is it possible?

PS: How much we shall pay for "short term support agreement" you mentioned?

You can contact me via zhuyin@asiatel.nospam.com.sg
(remove ".nospam" from above email address)

Thank you very much.
Back to Top View zhuyin's Profile Search for other posts by zhuyin

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: February 29 2008 at 5:48am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Zhu,

You >>>
If in this scenario, each call from Party A to Party B via Media Engine Application will use two sessions. Am I right?

<<< Support
Yes.

You >>>
So, if my application need to support 15 Call outs, we need to buy at least 30 session media engine license, is it?

<<< Support
Yes, exactly.

You >>>
The PC which runs the media engine may not be very powerful. (P4 2GHz / 512Ram / 100M Lan) I hope such kind of hard ware can support at least 15 concurrent calls. Is it possible?

<<< Support
As far as our experience, that hardware should be OK for 15 concurrent calls (30 call legs).

You >>>
How much we shall pay for "short term support agreement" you mentioned?

<<< Support
We have a generic support agreement we will send to you. Normally support agreements are for a period of 1 year . If less support is required, we are able to tailor the the support agreement to 3, 6 or 12 months.

We will have out CTO contact you for follow up.

Thanks Zhu,

Support
Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version