Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
Subject Topic: Reseller questions + developing an IVR TTS VOIP application Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 30 2006 at 7:37am | IP Logged Quote support

This post is from the support group.

We recently received a direct email inquiry relating to question about developing an IVR application that also uses TTS to generate the voice prompts a caller will hear.

This is the transcript of our dialog with the customer. You may find this information useful.

Support
Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 30 2006 at 7:37am | IP Logged Quote support

Dear LanScape:

We are a consulting and developer voip company that provide Voip services for customres and we are interested to get more information aboput your reseller and channel partner program in order to use your voip developer solutions and integrate with ours

I apreciatte if you can send me next steps in order to advance in to that direction.

Regards,

Sergio Lorenc,
Datalogic
Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 30 2006 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for contacting LanScape regarding our reseller/partner program.

We offer our partners/resellers the ability to sell our VOIP OEM products directly to their customer base. Our reseller/partner program philosophy is simple: We work with our resellers and partners to improve our product sales and to increase our visibility in the VOIP sector.

At the moment, we are reselling the following products:

LanScape VOIP Media Engine

http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ProductPages/LanScapeVoipMediaEn gine.asp

LanScape Centrex Proxy Server
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ProductPages/CentrexProxy.asp

LanScape VOIP Media Proxy Server
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ProductPages/VoipMediaProxy.asp

As time progresses, we will be adding additional software VOIP products to the list (soft phones, voice mail server, PSTN gateway, etc). This will occur at various times in fiscal 2006 and beyond.

For current retail product pricing, you can view prices in our on-line web store:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/Store/index.asp

The primary channel partners/resellers benefits are:

1) Reseller discount on all qualifying software products is 25% of retail.

2) Gain direct access to LanScape technical information/staff.

3) Submit requests for customized versions of our products.

4) We urge customers to directly work with our resellers whenever possible for product support related issues. However for intense customer support related
issues, we may establish with the customer a direct short term support/development contract based on an hourly rate schedule.

5) There are other reseller agreement terms that are covered by our official reseller agreement but the points above basically state the framework.

We would welcome the opportunity for your to resell LanScape VOIP products in Argentina.

If you have any further questions, please contact me directly.

Thanks Sergio!

Support

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 30 2006 at 7:47am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Support:

Thank for your information.

We are interested to resell your solutions , I’s like to know more about more technical information and skills of your products for developers , and I’d like to get more paper about how to use your solutions , admin manual , programmers media server manual etc. in order to analize their features in more detaill

Can you tell me how to get them ?

And I apreciatte you tell me whats woud be next stpe to become resellers

Is ther any minimum of annual mount to complete for reselling in case to become resellers ?

Hoping making mutual future business relationship , I send you kind regards

Sergio Lorenc,
Datalogic

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 30 2006 at 7:52am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Sergio,

Sergio >>>
We are interested to resell your solutions , I’s like to know more about more technical information and skills of your products for developers , and I’d like to get more paper about how to use your solutions , admin manual , programmers media server manual etc. in order to analize their features in more detail. Can you tell me how to get them ?

<<<< Support
The best way to understand what the products can do is to request trial versions of the products. You can do that here:

http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ASP%20Files/VoipTestDrive.asp

We are in the process of creating many product "fact sheets" and application notes for the three products I mentioned but this information is not yet released. We can get you this information when released.

When you get the trial products, you or your staff can install them and review the product's documentation that is part of the product image.

You or your staff can as as many questions as you want in our support forum area. We will be glad to answer any/all question you might have.

The support forum main home page is at this URL:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/forum/default.asp

Select the proper "Pre-sales" forum area and port your questions.

Sergio >>>
And I apreciatte you tell me whats woud be next stpe to become resellers

<<<< Support
We will supply you with 2 documents:

1) LanScape mutual non disclosure agreement.
2) LanScape reseller's agreement.

Once we execute these two documents, We will consider your company a reseller of LanScape
VOIP products.

Sergio >>>
Is ther any minimum of annual mount to complete for reselling in case to become resellers ?

<<<< Support
No. We do not force our resellers to carry inventory or hold them to a minimum number of sales
per year. Reseller agreements are reviewed once a year and if no activity has occurred, then the reseller agreement may be terminated at the discretion of LanScape.

If you have further reseller specific questions, send them to me. If you have any
product specific questions, then submit them to the support forum and our support group.

Thanks Sergio!

Support

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 30 2006 at 7:55am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Support:

I have some doubts:

1) I like to know if your media server kit has the possibility to integrate with any external TTS spanish engines SAPI complaints like loquendo, cepstral voices , ATT TTS engines etc, in order to develop predictive dialer, voice portals or IVR's intergrating with information form databases and poeple be able to inquiry all kind of information from operational ERP systems for ex.

2) whenever we want to develop a voice apps do we have to purchase a kit licences for simultaneous channels? for example if we purchase 4 channels media server at first , we develop some application for one customer then do we need to purchase other 4 channel license for other customer.

3) Can you provide SIP services using activex for diferents lenguajes that use that and use programming methods and clases? We are using ultimade activex compatible not c++

4) The others media proxy server solution is a complementary software (not SDK kit) to media kit server is that right?

5) Do you mean concurrents voip and pstn channels like channels licences for purchasing related to any develop voip projects ? or pstn channels only?

kind regards

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Sergio:

Our answers are below yours:

Sergio >>>
I have some doubts:

1) I like to know if your media server kit has the possibility to integrate with any external TTS spanish engines SAPI complaints like loquendo, cepstral voices , ATT TTS engines etc, in order to develop predictive dialer, voice portals or IVR's intergrating with information form databases and poeple be able to inquiry all kind of information from operational ERP systems for ex.

<<<< Support
Yes you can use TTS and voice recognition engines with the VOIP media engine. the VOIP media engine does not know anything about SAPI. The media engine allows an application developer to stream sample block data (like from a TTS engine) to any local audio output or to any phone line. Also, to perform voice recognition, a user's application will be able to access all received voice data from any phone line making "command and control" IVR systems possible.

We have developed such solutions for our customers with high degree of success using ATT Natural Voice and L+H speech and TTS engines.

Sergio >>>
2 .1 ) whenever we want to develop a voice apps do we have to purchase a kit licences for simultaneous channels ?

<<<< Support
The VOIP Media Engine comes in a variety of "line" configurations. See the following URL:

http://www.lanscapecorp.com/Store/pi-837478901.asp?categoryI d=3

We will also be offering 128 and 256 line versions soon (sometime this fall).

Sergio >>>
2. 2) .... for example if we purchase 4 channels media server at first , we develop some application for one customer then do we need to purchase other 4 channel license for other customer

<<<< Support
Yes.

Sergio >>>
3) Can you provide SIP services using activex for diferents lenguajes that use that and use programming methods and clases ? We are using ultimade activex compatible not c++

<<<< Support
You are absolutely correct in wanting this functionality. The current version of the VOIP Media Engine does not support ActiveX wrapper. We are working to offer an ActiveX version of the media engine as soon as possible. We are committed to releasing an ActiveX version o the media engine - we just need to complete the development and testing.

Sergio >>>
4) The others media proxy server solution is a complementary software ( not SDK kit) to media kit server is that right ?

<<<< Support
Yes. the Centrex Proxy Server (SIP proxy) and the VOIP Media Proxy (RTP proxy) are complementary VOIP products. These 2 products allow end users to deploy scalable Voice and Video VOIP domains that traverse all NAT network environments with out the need for expensive 3rd party session border controllers.

Sergio >>>
5) Do you mean concurrents voip and pstn channels like channels licences for purchasing related to any develop voip projects ? or pstn channels only ?

<<<< Support
Sorry Sergio. I am not sure what you are asking. Please rephrase this question and I will be happy to answer.

Support

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your response. My answers are below yours.

After this correspondence, you can post further questions to our support forum located at

http://www.lanscapecorp.com/forum/default.asp

I will send you another "canned" email that we send out to new customers that will explain the support forum details.

Thanks,

Support

--------------------------------------------

Sergio >>>
1) regarding Q1) can you send me a code example to integrate any TTS engine without using SAPI like ATT ?sotty but I want to know how easy is to integrate with TTS engines

<<< Support
Don't be sorry Sergio. Everyone "wants ease of use". :)

Though I cannot give you C/C++ code samples at the moment, here is what I can tell you:

If you want to design a VOIP application using the LanScape VOIP Media Engine and you want to be able to play TTS audio to any caller that calls your application, it is easy if you are a C/C++
programmer.

Note that your TTS engine must be able to supply your application with a standard audio data stream such as 8k PCM or one of the other transmit IVR data types supported by the media engine.

When your application answers an incoming phone call, your application can open a transmit IVR
(Tx IVR) output on the phone line. Your application then starts the TTS engine so your can receive sample data blocks from the TTS engine. Your application then takes TTS output sample blocks and writes them to the phone line's Tx IVR output which allows the TTS generated voice to be transmitted to the far end caller. It all works pretty well. We have other customers doing exactly this.

Remember, the TTS engine you select must be able to supply your application with sample blocks of synthesized speech data.

Sergio >>>
how yo license TTS channels with media server ?

<<< Support
We have no special licensing requirements in support of TTS.

Sergio >>>
any TTS channel is a voice license channel for media server to purchase ?

<<< Support
I am not sure what you are asking. Any phone line can transmit TTS audio. No special licensing required.

Sergio >>>
2) regarding Q3) the only way is to develop calling to your dll inside my RAD by now ?

<<< Support
Yes.

Sergio >>>
when are you planning to get the activex version to the market ?

<<< Support
As soon as possible. We are working on it right now.

Sergio >>>
3) regarding Q5) I meant how many media server 's channels do we need to purchase in order to develop for ex. a app with 8 voip channels +4 pstn channels for incoming calls to get call center autoattendant features ? 12 chanels licenses to manager simoustaneaously is that right ?

<<< Support
Yes. Exactly.
Thanks for clarifying your question.

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: May 14 2007 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote support

Note:

We have made available a sample SAPI TTS sample application that may benefit you. Please see the following post:

VOIP and SAPI TTS speech sample now available:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=327&KW =tts

Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version